There is something magical about a quintessential autumn wedding. The misty weather and the carpet of flowers formed due to the recent fall lighten up the ambience as love lingers through the air. Apart from getting all teary-eyed about your best friend tying the knot and embarking on an eternal journey of true love, weddings are all about glamming up and bringing out your glittering best. Read on for a few easy-to-wear festive looks you can rock this wedding season.
The heavy-duty choker
A heavy-duty choker is the easiest way to add glitz and glamour to any outfit. These statement pieces can be worn with flowy lehengas, sarees and even classy salwar suits. Apart from complementing your wardrobe, an extravagant choker will also give the illusion of a long neck and highlight your collar bones. You can opt for classic kundan designs or a chunky pearl choker as per your style and preference. Dressing up for those mehendi functions just got a lot easier!
This look works wonders for fun sangeets and cocktail parties. Add a touch of oomph to your festive outfit with splendid jhumkas or danglers. The beauty of wearing majestic danglers is that you do not need to accessorise with any other jewel. Danglers bring added focus to your face and work with your eye makeup and hair style. You can opt for luxurious chandelier earrings or go in for contemporary string earrings which cling on to the top of your ears. Additionally, you can try neon earrings with precious stones and add a pop of colour to a monochrome outfit or wear earrings in the same shade of your wardrobe for a timeless look. From trendy rose gold and striking silver to opulent gold, take your pick and keeps the compliments coming.
Surreal temple jewellery
Stand out of the crowd with elegant and simple temple jewellery. Pair a traditional pair of jhumkas with a statement necklace having antique motifs and get ready to dazzle the other wedding guests with your charm. Bring out the traditional Indian goddess in you with an authentic silk saree and wow the wedding guests. You can also add a touch of festivity with gorgeous jasmine flowers and perfectly winged eyes!
Bring out your love for western outfits at an ethnic wedding with an unconventional indo-western look. Pair your gorgeous lehenga with a chic crop top or try on a contemporary dhoti saree. Make sure you accessorise with quirky jewellery to complement your outfit. Go in for a dramatic necklace with vibrant beads and precious stones as you make a style statement or dramatise your wardrobe with elegant hoops to complete your look for the reception.
Tips on looking your sparkling best this wedding season:
- Make sure you balance it out. If you are wearing a striking set of bangles, then keep the necklace and earrings minimal. Similarly, if you are wearing a stunning choker, you can skip the earrings and showcase the necklace as a stand-alone masterpiece.
- If you are wearing precious gem stones, choose a colour which matches your outfit or strikes a pleasant contrast.
- You can even use jewels to add a pop of colour to your outfit. Neon-colouredjewellery is the latest trend spotted on all international runways, and there is no reason for you not to try it!
- When it doubt, always opt for statement earrings. They complement any outfit and enhance the features of your face as well. It’s a win-win!
- Layering your jewellery is another massive trend which is very easy to pull off. Mix and match different styles of chains and necklaces. You can also wear a chunk of different bangles in varied thickness and designs for a dramatic look
- Choose a style and go with it. From vintage temple jewellery to a classic set of pearls, find a style that suits you best and flaunt it!
- Do not forget to try on chunky rings and dainty bracelets. These pieces may not be the main attraction but are guaranteed to add a dose of sparkle to your festive wardrobe.