In India, Gold is more than just a precious metal and gold jewellery beyond just a possession. Gold is an integral part of our religious and cultural beliefs, the acquisition of which is done over generations, it’s part of our heritage and is ancestral. Yet, we know so little about gold jewellery. Read on to know 5 facts about Gold jewellery that you wish you knew earlier –
1. Although nobody knows for sure the current estimates are that 80% of the world’s gold is still buried underground. This is a great opportunity for you to go outside or to the beach and try digging for some gold jewelry. There’s plenty of it still underground.
2. Over the last 100 years South Africa has been the largest supplier of gold in the world. That’s recently changed along with just about everything else and China is actually now the largest provider of gold in world.
3. Astronauts helmets actually have an extremely thin layer of gold on their visors to reduce glare and heat from sunlight. So if you have any old astronaut helmets laying around maybe you could have it made into a pair of earrings.
4. Karatage or Karat count is actually the measurement of how pure of gold an item or jewelry piece actually is. Its measured in 24ths so a 24k piece of jewelry is actually 100% pure gold.
5. Pure gold is always gold and to make it other colors it is mixed with other metals to change it. For example rose gold is actually gold with a hint of copper to provide that rose color to the metal.
Now that you are a little more educated on gold and you have had a chance to read through our facts about gold jewelry, its time to shop. Walk in at our showrooms in Vashi –
8/9 Grain Merchant CHS, Sector 17 Vashi, Navi Mumbai, India – 400703
+91-22-27890394/0058, +91 9820588834
8/108 Satra Plaza, Palm Beach Road, Sector 19D, Vashi, Navi Mumbai, India – 400703
+91-22-27840058/59, +91 9167238644